Tips for choosing color combinations?
soapbox
Bracelet King
soapbox
1 month, 3 weeks ago by soapbox
ive recently been making a lot of bracelets so i can start selling some at my school art festivals but i find i have trouble coming up with good color combinations that arent blue/green schemes, if anyone has any tips for how you decide color combinations or even just some of your favorite color combinations that would be greatly appreciated!
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month, 3 weeks ago by EggMan
There is an excellent tutorial for it in the tutorial section of the site:

https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/152_guide-to-picking-colour-combinations/

They have very good tips, and I find it very helpful when I can't decide on colors for what I'm working on.
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
1 month, 3 weeks ago by EggMan
Good luck on selling your work!
soapbox
Bracelet King
soapbox
1 month, 3 weeks ago by soapbox
@EggMan thank you! ill take a look at that tutorial for sure!
Str1ngz
Professional
Str1ngz
1 month, 3 weeks ago by Str1ngz
If you want, there is also a random colour palette generator called coolors, if you type coolors.co into the search bar it should come up! It's designed to generate colour schemes either randomly or based on a few colours of your choice. I hope this helps! 🙂
maevepren
Professional
maevepren
1 month, 3 weeks ago by maevepren
For me I love looking at Pinterest!! it always has the best color palettes. you can literally look up anything, i usually pick a theme and add “color palette” to the end of my search (for example if you wanted pastels you could search “pastel color palette” or for a movie “harry potter color palette”!!!)
Sparrows
Bracelet King
Sparrows
1 month, 2 weeks ago by Sparrows
There are also some simple color theory guides that can be helpful! I personally like to start by picking a "main" color and then building a palette around it. I find a simple graphic like the one I'll link to be a good thing to reference if I'm feeling stuck in the color picking process. It's probably not a method for everybody, but it works for me c:

https://miro.medium.com/v2/resize:fit:1400/1*IVfHFJQIYQ9UweKGyAbtXQ.jpeg
kambri1224
Professional
kambri1224
1 month, 2 weeks ago by kambri1224
A lot of times I like to look at what thread colors I have a lot of and might want to use up, or I look at other people's photos and see what looks pretty.
kamilii777
Professional
kamilii777
1 month, 1 week ago by kamilii777
I think you should look on Pinterest I find unusual but cool colors.
karalee98
Bracelet King
karalee98
1 week ago by karalee98
I agree on Pinterest I typed in color palette combinations and there are so many different colors that come up. I hope this helps
emp217
Skiller
emp217
1 week ago by emp217
There is a mobile app game called blendoku. It's really fun and it gives you really cool ideas of color combos!