How can I stop making my bracelets curling on itself?
kbelasso
Advanced
kbelasso
4ย years, 1ย month ago by kbelasso
Can someone plz tell me how can I stop making my bracelet curled on itself. Is that normal ??
crouton
Skiller
crouton
4ย years, 1ย month ago by crouton
Mine do that sometimes - u might be making the knots a little too tight ? I know some people have used a hair straightener (low heat) to flatten the bracelet out a bit after the bracelet is done. Idk if that helps or not lol
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4ย years, 1ย month ago by halokiwi
If you're making an alpha bracelet make sure to not pull the strings in the back too tight
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4ย years, 1ย month ago by Someone_
It may be for a number of reasons. I assume you are doing 2 knots on each string, and not just 1? Also it could be from tying the knots too tightly, you need to find a happy medium between tight, and loose.
Also what kind of patterns are you doing when it comes to Normal Patterns? If you have too many knots going in one direction it will cause the bracelet to curl because it hasn't anything to pull it back straight.
I can only recommend after knotting a few rows to gently tug on the strings to even out the tension. You could also flex the end back and forth to keep it from curling.
There is also try the straight edges technique, where you do backward-forward knots on the outer-most left string, and forward-backward knots on the outer-most right string. It's not as simple as that on some patterns, so here's a video that will explain it a little more, if you are interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkN7VX0gVfQ
๐Ÿ™‚