Twine
dragon999
Advanced
dragon999
2 months, 3 weeks ago by dragon999
Hey can you use twine as a base string for alphas?
emilyyy307
Bracelet King
emilyyy307
2 months, 3 weeks ago by emilyyy307
You could but I’d assume that the bracelet itself might look just a little bit messy because of it. That’s just my opinion though. It also might be difficult to knot onto just ensure twine is a little bit rough so it you might get like blisters maybe
Str1ngz
Professional
Str1ngz
2 months, 3 weeks ago by Str1ngz
@dragon999 As long as your knotting strings are the same thickness as the twine, it should be fine. If they are not though, then the image in pattern will most likely end up warped and stretched, especially if your knotting string is smaller than the base string. I'd recommend picking one type of string and brand and only using that. Personally I use DMC embroidery floss. Hope this helps!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
2 months, 3 weeks ago by halokiwi
A little bit contradictory, but I'd actually recommend using string that is a little thicker as the base strings. If you use the same string for both leading strings and base strings, the pattern often turns out a little elongated. You can work against that by using thicker base strings.
dragon999
Advanced
dragon999
2 months, 3 weeks ago by dragon999
Oh, Ok thanks for your help!
Str1ngz
Professional
Str1ngz
2 months, 3 weeks ago by Str1ngz
I didn't know that, I think I just happen to have a very tight knot tension that doesn't make the image look that warped. Good to know for the future though!