151578 tying help
illusorymo
Professional
illusorymo
3ย months ago by illusorymo
I'm trying to figure out how to tie this pattern ( #151578 ) and I'm so confused on how to tie it tightly so it makes the pattern in the photos?? Im just super confused, if anyone has any insight please let me know !
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
3ย months ago by AlmaLlama
I think the structure to that pattern is very similar to the classic celtic wave structure (#52643). There are some video tutorials on that pattern so I recommend making at first the celtic wave so you can handle with this kind of structure with "gaps".
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
3ย months ago by EggMan
Important to mention that the bracelets in the photos were made using upside-down knots. You can find instructions on how to make them in the "advanced knots tutorial" by @/Samanada, here:
https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/153_advanced-knots-tutorial/
I don't know if it'll help you, but I figured it would be better to make sure you know what stitches the people in the pictures used. Good luck! I might try making this bracelet as well, see if I can gleam any kind of knowledge to share with you.
Also, the pictures look a lot like micro macrame, which is very much a figurative sibling to the classic friendship bracelet. I would absolutely recommend looking up tutorials for micro macrame bracelets for help with this. I hope any of this helps.
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
3ย months ago by EggMan
I gave it a shot with the upside down knot, and that seems to be the way. I found it quite difficult, though, since I don't quite know what to expect from these stitches. It seems that due to the gaps, the process of placing the knots is much more involved. @/wiland mentioned in the comments that they used "double half hitch" knots. I assume that's the more official macrame name for upside down knots, so I would recommend looking those up if you want help on how to make them. I know I did ๐Ÿ˜… Good luck on the bracelet! I hope you have fun with it!
illusorymo
Professional
illusorymo
3ย months ago by illusorymo
hi @EggMan !!!! thank you so so much for your replies!!! I'm a little intimidated by the idea of needing to learn more terms, but I'm excited to try this bracelet!! thank you for your help!!!
EggMan
Bracelet King
EggMan
3ย months ago by EggMan
It's my pleasure. New terms and techniques can be scary, but these ones really are similar to the normal knots. I'm sure you'll get it.