Starburst #25054
emp217
Skiller
emp217
3 months, 1 week ago by emp217
Hello guys,

I want to make this bracelet: #25054W
Can someone please tell me how much I need of one string? I will do a shaped start with a loop like in Masha's tutorial and at the end I would like to add a button.
My bracelets usually are 15 cm long. I don't know how may "parts" of this pattern I ned - maybe 4? I also don't know how long is one part.
Will 1 m be enough per string? Usually it is fair enough, but as this pattern has 34 strings I guess the strings need to be longer? I don't want to add in new strings and I also don't want to throw away too much. And I have exactly 4m from the blue I want to use as darkest color - 4 strings à 1 m.
Which also means that I have to make the loop in white and not in blue and also at the end. This should be possible?

Thanks!!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 months, 1 week ago by halokiwi
I don't think the amount that you have of the blue string is long enough. The blue needs to be significantly longer than most of the other strings, because you make more blue knots. If you make more knots of a colour, you use the string up faster.

I'd estimate about 115cm per blue string and that does not include the loop, if you also want to make it blue.

For the other strings you need less.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
Ah sorry, you said that you will make the loop white.

It might work out, if you make a shorter bracelet than usual.
emp217
Skiller
emp217
I will order a new pack of strings just to be safe. So I can make the loop blue - it looks better.

Once I found a website where it tells you for a pattern how much of each string you need. But I can't find it anymore...
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
I made a formula for calculating the string length needed once. @AnoukKnoll wrote a wonderful program where you can just enter the amount of rows and knots and it will calculate it for you. I'm sure she can send you the link to her program as well.

I think I also know which website you are talking about. I'll send it to you via dm, as it is not allowed to advertise other friendship bracelet websites in the forum.
AlmaLlama
Bracelet King
AlmaLlama
3 months, 1 week ago by AlmaLlama
@halokiwi Could you also dm me with that website? Sounds a really interesting feature that I usually always need 😂 thanks in advance!
emp217
Skiller
emp217
Yesss, my new pack of strings has arrived!

So I will cut 115 cm per blue string PLUS 50 cm for the loop. Today i measured how many cm I ned for a loop. For 16 knots on only 4 strings it was 25 cm! And this loop will be bigger and thicker as there will be 17 strings on each side.
For the other colors I will cut 1 m.

My wrist is rather small... 15 cm.

You think this will be enough?

When the bracelet is finished - so in about 10 years 😂😂😂 - I will give you the exact numbers.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
I think one meter is too short for some of the other strings as well. Please wait a moment and I'll calculate for you. Sorry that I wasn't faster and you might have already started.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
107cm for E
And for the other colours you should be fine with one meter or less

Not going to calculate those, because I'm already too slow
emp217
Skiller
emp217
Everything ok. I have not started. Took a shower because afterwards I don't have time as I will be cutting 17 strings....OMG!!! 🙈 🙈 🙈
emp217
Skiller
emp217
I think E, D and C are the same. B may be a bit longer.
And A? May be about the same as F? But white is not the problem...I got plenty of it.
emp217
Skiller
emp217
I'm nervous. Do you understand that? 😂 😂 😂

Without a tutorial I wouldn't have any idea how to do this! I didn*t to any complicated bracelets before. I get the feeling that my brain is not made for that. 😂 But who knows, afterwards I'll be a professional. 😍 🔥
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
F needs to be the longest
E the second longest
D the third longest
C the fourth longest
B the fifth longest

I'm not sure about A

The amount of knots made with a colour determine the length needed

F has the most knots, E the second most, D the third most, C the fourth most and B the fifth most.
You can see that in the triangle.

And for colour A the amounts of knots are different for each string.
emp217
Skiller
emp217
Ok, thanks a lot!!!

I found out that I need about 1 cm for ONE knot!! But I never counted the knots...and I don't know how many knots there will be for my bracelet length.

I just looked through my whole browser history from 2 browers, but I could not find this website anymore...
emp217
Skiller
emp217
For the length of the bracelet I think it will be 2 times the pattern, about 60-17 rows will be 15 cm.
emp217
Skiller
emp217
60-70