Bracelet problem
Fumiii
Advanced
Fumiii
3 months, 1 week ago by Fumiii
Hello, I have some questions..
- Why when I’m done with my bracelet and I tie it to start braiding it doesn’t seem straight. How can I fix this problem?
- what’s the perfect or let’s say nearly perfect size for most of the people? I get asked from people to make them a bracelet but I can’t tell how big or small I’m supposed to make so what can I do?
- And does the loop works in all type of bracelet designs?
- how can I start and end the bracelet in a neat way?
- is there a way to hide the back of alpha bracelets? It’s kinda annoying but it has good design.

Sorry for asking too many questions.. but I’m struggling with those things
Thank you
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 months, 1 week ago by halokiwi
-Why when I’m done with my bracelet and I tie it to start braiding it doesn’t seem straight. How can I fix this problem?
Does your bracelet curve to one side? If yes, while tying, try to not pull the bracelet too much to one side. It also helps to secure it in a way so it can't move around a lot while tying.

- what’s the perfect or let’s say nearly perfect size for most of the people? I get asked from people to make them a bracelet but I can’t tell how big or small I’m supposed to make so what can I do?
A short bracelet with long ties can be worn by everyone, but a long bracelet with shorter ties can't. So if you want to make a one size fits all, I recommend making the bracelets shorter.

- And does the loop works in all type of bracelet designs?
There is no 'the' loop. There are multiple different types of loops that you can make in bracelets. Generally you can start any bracelet with a loop. I don't see why it should not be working. For some instances it is a bit complicated, like when you have only one string of a colour, but it's doable.

- how can I start and end the bracelet in a neat way?
There are multiple ways of starting and ending bracelets in a neat way.
I generally recommend to do shaped starts: you can do triangle starts/ends, slanted starts/ends, double/tripple ... triangle starts/ends, teardrop loops (a knotted loop with a v-shaped start)

- is there a way to hide the back of alpha bracelets? It’s kinda annoying but it has good design.
You can use the clean back alpha technique. It works best, if you are only using a small amount of colours.
https://youtu.be/NLCUwVXscG0

In general I recommend to make your questions as specific as possible and maybe not ask all of them at once 😉 this way it is a lot easier to give actual good answers. I doubt that my answers are as good and detailed as they could have been, if I had tried to just answer one of the questions. Hope the answers help anyways. Feel free to ask further questions or to add more details.
Fumiii
Advanced
Fumiii
Oh my bad
Fumiii
Advanced
Fumiii
But thanks you did answer my questions I can finally start my bracelets
Fumiii
Advanced