right side edge messed up but not left?
hobbieknot
Professional
hobbieknot
3 months, 3 weeks ago by hobbieknot
i can’t post a picture but here’s a link to a post i made about the problem on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/friendshipbracelets/s/1pZIMWstyF

i cannot figure it out, the left side looks great but the right is absolutely wrecked, i’ve doubled checked i was doing jt right and everything but it keeps coming out like this
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 months, 3 weeks ago by halokiwi
I honestly have no idea. I think you might need to pull your knots a little tighter on the right edge.

Are you pulling the string at the same angle when making the knot on the right edge compared to the angle you use on the left edge? There might be a difference.
hobbieknot
Professional
hobbieknot
@halokiwi i think it could be the angle🤔 the knots look okay, just sideways? in some spots, so i’ll try pulling them differently
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 months, 3 weeks ago by halokiwi
If it's just the angle what could already have an effect is, if you try to manually try to twist the knots you already did.
hobbieknot
Professional
hobbieknot
i think it’s a really strange tension problem. i did some new rows with less tension on the right side end knots and it’s looking better. not as nice as usual but still better
cole__
Skiller
cole__
3 months, 2 weeks ago by cole__
i had this issue back when i first started, definitely chalked it up to the angle i was pulling at. depending on the pattern and what direction ur going in the angles either need to be exactly the same or perfectly flipped (well as perfect as u can make it ofc!) in this case since its a side-to-side issue i believe its probably the latter!