Start/end combos
m34tb4ll
Beginner
m34tb4ll
4 months, 4 weeks ago by m34tb4ll
What do you guys make as starts and ends to your bracelet patterns?

What I mean is, I typically like to use the half triangle start for the candy stripe as it helps with keeping the beginning knots from bunching up all ugly like (learned it from Masha_knots on youtube!) and then finishing candy stripes with the same end, half triangle knots. And when I make a chevron, I think the half triangle ends on each side looks nice, then doing the twisted ties end with the left over string (also learned from masha_knots lol)

So, what are you guys' fav start/end for certain patterns? And fav start loops, like the basic knot, basic loop, etc. What would be the best start knots for chevorns,?

I'm curious about the best combos everyone uses! 🙂
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
4 months, 4 weeks ago by Hylia224
I also use the triangle starts and ends as much as I can but I don't normally with patterns with 12 strings or less. I only use it with normals
I do braided ties and tie them overlapping each other with a couple square knots to make it adjustable
mishka0129
Bracelet King
mishka0129
4 months, 4 weeks ago by mishka0129
I love the idea of the braided ties with a few square knots to make the bracelet adjustable. I use a lot of teardrop loop starts for both my alphas and normals. I usually do triangle ends on my bracelets and then twisted ties like 90% of the time because they are faster to do, but lately I've been doing more fishtail braids for the ends.
Hunniebuns
Advanced
Hunniebuns
1 month ago by Hunniebuns
I like to do triangle ends and twisted ties. I always suggest looking at the photos section for inspiration.
Emschen
Advanced
Emschen
1 month ago by Emschen
What if my pattern doesn't have either an inward (two tails) or outward triangle?

My stripes are going down from left to right, how do I even out the left, and then get it to be a triangle in the middle?

I am at the end of this one: https://www.braceletbook.com/patterns/normal/127303/

❤️ Any tutorials you can recommend?

Thanks
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
1 month ago by Hylia224
@Emschen then you can just use the triangle end technique but only use one side of that along the whole edge, if that makes sense. Like, how you would keep knotting onto more and more of your strings until you come to the middle for the normal triangle end, you would just keep going until you reach the last string. I hope this makes sense and helps!
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
1 month ago by Hylia224
@Emschen here's the link for the triangle starts and ends tutorial if you need it 💛
https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/98_how-to-make-triangle-ends/
Emschen
Advanced
Emschen
1 month ago by Emschen
Thank you 😊

But I am still confused! I saw the tutorial, but the bracelet shown already has a triangle in its pattern.

I worked something out 😄 Not perfect, but for now, it will work.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 month ago by halokiwi
@Emschen You can do a triangle at any point in the pattern, even if there is no visible triangle at this point. If a pattern has a visible triangle, it just looks nicest, if you do the triangle there. If it doesn't have a visible triangle, you are completely free to do the triangle wherever you want.

That's what I meant when I wrote 'You can take any triangle from your pattern that you want but I recommend one where the pattern naturally forms a triangle.' in the tutorial, but I see now that I should have made it more clear 🙂
wwwaubrey
Beginner
wwwaubrey
3 weeks ago by wwwaubrey
I use triangle starts for all my friends