Knotting on Desk vs. Lap
eplosieee5
Advanced
eplosieee5
5 months, 1 week ago by eplosieee5
Is it better to knot on your lap or a desk? I always knot on my lap, but I've noticed that a lot of experienced knotters make bracelets on their desks. Does it make any difference? Which one would have a better impact on the way your bracelets turn out? Just wondering ^^
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
5 months, 1 week ago by halokiwi
If you got the impression that experienced knotters always knot at a desk from YouTube videos, the reason is probably that it's easier to set up for filming.

I would say that as long as you have some sturdy working surface, it does not matter, if you are knotting on your lap or at a desk.
Vivi_knotz
Bracelet King
Vivi_knotz
5 months ago by Vivi_knotz
I just get a clipboard tape the stuff on it then put it on my lap😂
mishka0129
Bracelet King
mishka0129
5 months ago by mishka0129
I do the same - just work from a clipboard in my lap.
happyrobin
Bracelet King
happyrobin
5 months ago by happyrobin
Yep, same for me. I have a clipboard that I use on my lap, sometimes slightly propped up against a table or other surface. Sometimes I find the string pulls out a bit if the grip on the bracelet isn't that great, so I use a binder clip at the top of the clipboard to hold excess string at the top of the bracelet. 😄
xlkatielx
Professional
xlkatielx
3 months, 3 weeks ago by xlkatielx
@Vivi_knotz I also do that and the back pain is regrettabele a lot of the time 😫 but like halo kiwi said I think it is a filming thing but it might also help with posture lol
Vivi_knotz
Bracelet King
Vivi_knotz
3 months, 3 weeks ago by Vivi_knotz
@xlkatielx hi! I use a squishmallow and prop it behind my back and knot soy back doesn’t hurt! It really helps!!
Vivi_knotz
Bracelet King
Vivi_knotz
3 months, 3 weeks ago by Vivi_knotz
😄
kpn
Bracelet King
kpn
2 months, 1 week ago by kpn
i push all mine by the top through the headphone jack on my ipad through the case so it's held by the knot, doesn't hurt at all
Hunniebuns
Advanced
Hunniebuns
1 month ago by Hunniebuns
I currently knot on my lap using a lap desk. I prop the lap desk up at an angle on my ottoman and am able to knot that way. I would not say their is a "best" way to knot just stay consistant.
Cow28
Bracelet King
Cow28
1 month ago by Cow28
I don’t think it really matters, but my creations always turn out better when they are knotted on a desk.
tmanuck
Professional
tmanuck
3 weeks, 1 day ago by tmanuck
I like a clipboard on my lap!
mishka0129
Bracelet King
mishka0129
3 weeks, 1 day ago by mishka0129
I use a clipboard in my lap as well. I use a binder clip instead of the actual clip from the clipboard though because I just find it more secure that way.