Issue with pattern #30878
MoraBerry
Professional
MoraBerry
4 years, 2 months ago by MoraBerry
Hi! I’m making a dovetail pattern and I’m having a few problems with the diamond shapes in the bracelet.
The thing is that they all look wonky and uneven, I really don’t know what to do cause this gas never happened to me with any bracelet. Im following the row by row technique by the way!
Hope someone can help me soon!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
Can you describe your problem more?

What I can imagine is that you do the different kinds of knots in different ways. Maybe your b knots aren't as tight as your f knots or something like that.
MoraBerry
Professional
MoraBerry
Hi! I think the only way I can explain it better is sending a photo! Otherwise it’s quite difficult to understand.
JadeHawk52
Professional
JadeHawk52
4 years, 2 months ago by JadeHawk52
have the knots been evenly tied? If some knots are tighter than others it can cause unevenness
MoraBerry
Professional
MoraBerry
I don’t really think that’s the problem. Is there any way I can submit a photo of it so you can see what it looks like and maybe figure out what the problem is?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
@MoraBerry you can't upload pictures on here but you could message me on Instagram. It's @pride.pixels
MoraBerry
Professional
MoraBerry
Awesome!! Thank you so much
ellie888
Bracelet King
ellie888
4 years, 2 months ago by ellie888
Sometimes some knots get pulled tighter vis versa than others which makes it look a little bit wonky. ( same thing happened w/ me😂)
LoopyCat
Bracelet King
LoopyCat
4 years, 2 months ago by LoopyCat
@MoraBerry Unfortunately I think I know what you mean because it happens to me with certain patterns too. No matter how meticulously & uniformly I tie & tighten every knot to try & make them perfectly even.....when I get to certain knots on certain rows, the knot absolutely will NOT line up as close as it's supposed to be to the knot next to it or directly (ok, diagonally) above it. There is an unavoidable, annoying gap between where the knots can be tied & it sort of throws off the desired symmetry of the diamond or whatever shape it forms in the pattern. The best way I can put it is that it results in gaps/holes between certain particular knots along/between certain specific rows, almost as if there are tiny invisible magnets with opposing polarity in there forcing those certain knots to stay apart, LOL! 😂 And it also results in the shapes or elements within the pattern looking noticeably askew. Ugh😖 Soooo frustrating! 😝🤯
MoraBerry
Professional
MoraBerry
@LoopyCat That’s exactly what I’m talking about!!! Doesn’t matter how evenly I tie the knots! It still looks bad! I looked at the pattern multiple times and I found a photo of someone who made it, is not as wonky as mine but it’s also not symmetrical. Can you recommend me any good dovetail pattern? Thank you so much!
arf820
arf820
4 years, 2 months ago by arf820
@MoraBerry maybe try #24520?
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
#26401 Is a great a dovetail pattern, slightly different than the pattern you tried out though. Another one that looks good is #31940 🙂
MoraBerry
Professional
MoraBerry
@Someone_ Great suggestions!! But, I can’t find #31940. Maybe is the wrong number!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
No worries❤️. That's strange, because I see it under that number 🤔 The pattern is made by @halokiwi and it's the second latest pattern they made, if you want to try find it under their profile. 🙂