How to keep alphas from bulging out/straighter?
Astronith
Professional
Astronith
6ย months, 1ย week ago by Astronith
I'm pretty good at keeping my alphas nice and straight with even knots, but whenever I have a pattern with lots of straight vertical lines my edges bulge out. For example I am working on #28842 (beautiful pattern by the way!) and the section with the blanket/the front of the neck ends up raised or makes the pattern bulge out on the sides making my otherwise straight edges round. Is there a way to prevent this? Is it just a matter of needing to tie my knots looser? Also is there a way to make patterns with long vertical lines like this easier to work with? The bracelet ends up splitting when it's like this and the lines become wiggly and longer than the other strings (of course I can just push the knots up for this, but if there's a way to avoid constantly pushing up the knots that would be nice).
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
6ย months, 1ย week ago by halokiwi
Based on your description of your bracelet (the bracelet splitting for vertical lines), it seems like you aren't using the flat alpha technique. This technique will help with this issue. MashaKnots on YouTube has a very good video on it.

It might not solve all your issues, but it should already help a little ๐Ÿ˜„
Astronith
Professional
Astronith
6ย months, 1ย week ago by Astronith
I'll look into it, thanks!