Alpha tips?
alaytheay
Bracelet King
alaytheay
4 years, 2 months ago by alaytheay
Anyone have any alpha tips? I am new to making alpha patterns. Thanks in advance! 🤪
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
Take care to not pull the strings in the back too tight. It will curve if you do.
wildcat253
Bracelet King
wildcat253
4 years, 2 months ago by wildcat253
Do backward forward knots on the left edge string and forward backward knots on the right edge string. It keeps your edges straighter and neater looking
alaytheay
Bracelet King
alaytheay
Yes, I have done that and it worked. Thanks to you both!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 2 months ago by Someone_
I'd also recommend paying attention when adding in more colours. You may have to adjust the tension when you do so all the knots stay the same size, overall making the bracelet straight and even. 🙂
alaytheay
Bracelet King
alaytheay
Thank you all!!! I love your help! 😄
IslandGurl
Professional
IslandGurl
4 years, 2 months ago by IslandGurl
I suggest looking at Masha Knots’ tutorials on youtube. She has a bunch of Alpha tutorials
alaytheay
Bracelet King
alaytheay
Yes, I have watched all of her videos. I love them! Thanks anyway!!! 😄
millieB
Professional
millieB
4 years, 1 month ago by millieB
I have a problem with Ending my alphas. When I do that last knot and I cut the string it starts to com undone . What should I do ?
kmonkey
Professional
kmonkey
4 years, 1 month ago by kmonkey
@millieB: I usually don’t have this problem, but you might have to make sure your knots are pulled tight enough, and that you are doing both halves of the knot. If this problem still occurs, I like to add clear nail polish or glue to some of my knots that I think might come undone. It really helps to keep them in place and make sure they don’t fray.