why do my bracelets curl?
wrench122
Skiller
wrench122
6ย months, 2ย weeks ago by wrench122
iโ€™ve been making bracelets for years now and iโ€™ve noticed that with certain normal patterns, the edges curl in on themselves. itโ€™s most prominent on fishbone chevrons, but also many bracelets iโ€™ve gifted have done it. if anyone knows how to prevent or fix this iโ€™d love some help!
Unicorn002
Bracelet King
Unicorn002
6ย months, 2ย weeks ago by Unicorn002
try loosening up your knot tension! this happened to me all the time when i first started but finding a good knot tension def helped. you want them loose but still firm if that makes any sense haha! it may take some getting used to but it should help your bracelets not curl. also, thinner, lightweight bracelets tend to do this too. iโ€™m not sure how many strings youโ€™ve used, but making it with more strings could help too!
wiland
Bracelet King
wiland
6ย months ago by wiland
I have a couple tricks you could try ... Use the straight edge technique (there's lots of good tutorials on this). Or, once you've finished, get it wet and then flat iron it. Definitely test this on a bracelet you don't care too much about, but I do it to all of my bracelets and I've never had an issue with it hurting the threads (I use DMC embroidery floss for everything).