Patterns Coming Out Stretched?
Unicorn002
Bracelet King
Unicorn002
6 months, 1 week ago by Unicorn002
does anyone have any tips for alpha patters (particularly round designs) stretching out into ovals? i’ve gotten much better at this but it’s not exactly to the point i’m happy with. thanks!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
6 months, 1 week ago by halokiwi
My advice
- using thicker base strings/doubling your base strings
- making looser knots
- pushing up each row after knotting it with a ruler

And if it all doesn't work
- skip some repeated rows or adjust the pattern otherwise
Professional
2 months, 2 weeks ago by 717601
I have this same problem it’s like my knots are rectangular not square!
bamboozled
Bracelet King
bamboozled
2 months, 2 weeks ago by bamboozled
I took a look at some of your photos, and I think that the best solution for your bracelets would be to double your base strings and/or push up the knots on each row. (With your fingernail, a ruler, or something else flat) hope this helps!
KnotsBySav
Bracelet King
KnotsBySav
2 months, 2 weeks ago by KnotsBySav
Something that helps me with this is to cut out the duplicate rows in your pattern. For example, in #64183 in the heart I only did row 26 and skipped 27 and went straight to 28. You could also probably cut out row 6 and go from 5 to 7 too. I try to do that whenever possible. Also knotting tighter to keep the knots smaller and more circle shaped instead of oval shaped.
marie_k
Professional
marie_k
2 months, 1 week ago by marie_k
Something else that could help is that if you use a D-ring to make your keychain (it also applies for whatever else you use) make sure you have enough space to space out your base strings and that they aren't "bunched" at the top. This helps to space out evenly your work and if needed you can "stretch" it sideways 🙂