alphas looking "stretched out"
JaxomRuth
Bracelet King
JaxomRuth
7 months, 1 week ago by JaxomRuth
I've noticed with some of the alpha patterns I've been trying out, the image gets sort of stretched out along the length of the bracelet so that (for example) a circle looks more like an oval. Is there something I could be doing to improve this?
lynx123
Bracelet King
lynx123
7 months, 1 week ago by lynx123
I double my base strings 😄
JaxomRuth
Bracelet King
JaxomRuth
Oh - interesting! Thanks, I'll give that a try!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
7 months, 1 week ago by halokiwi
You can also make looser knots and push up each row after tying it.
JaxomRuth
Bracelet King
JaxomRuth
Thanks, halokiwi - I think I do something like that already (I use a plastic card or ruler to push up the stitches and make everything even after each row) - is that kind of what you're talking about?

I tried a pattern that has circles in it, this time with doubled base strings, and it definitely helps a bit with making the circles look rounder, although they are still just as "long" along the length of the bracelet as they were in the previous attempt without the doubled base strings. I wish I could post photos in the forums so I could show you what I mean.

I used a ruler to measure, and it seems like my stitches are consistently 2mm long but more like 1 or 1.5mm wide, even with the doubled base strings, so they are not consistently square. Is this just normal? I am fairly new to this hobby.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
Yes, that's what I mean

Did you also try making the knots looser?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
Oh and yes, it's absolutely normal 😄
JaxomRuth
Bracelet King
JaxomRuth
I'm *trying* to make them looser, but that part is going to be harder to fix I think. 😄 Thanks again for the suggestions!
JaxomRuth
Bracelet King
JaxomRuth
7 months ago by JaxomRuth
Aha - I just started a new project and I am working on making my knots looser and I do see what you mean. It's actually easier to make them "square" this way. I will keep focusing on this as it will involve changing my muscle memory but it will definitely help going forward, thank you halokiwi!