How do I get strings in the back of alphas to not look messy?
hellohedgi
Professional
hellohedgi
8 months, 2 weeks ago by hellohedgi
I’ve been making a lot of alphas recently, but I can’t quite find a way to make the strings in the back look tidy. I’ve tried just cutting them short, but my knots ( I make them pretty loose) keep unraveling. I’ve also tried hot glueing them to the back, but that just makes my bracelet less flexible and very bulky. Any suggestions? Anything helps!

Tysm!

@hellohedgi
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
8 months, 2 weeks ago by halokiwi
Are you doing the flat alpha technique? If yes, you could try doing it before and after the colour switches and not just after the colour switches. This way the leading strings are more secured when you cut them.

Alternatively you could try the clean back alpha technique. There won't be any leading strings visible on the back, but it only works well for small amounts of colours.
hellohedgi
Professional
hellohedgi
8 months, 2 weeks ago by hellohedgi
Thank you so much @halokiwi! I will definitely try that out!!!
yuemi_62
Skiller
yuemi_62
8 months, 1 week ago by yuemi_62
after i finish, i just cut the strings that are dragging too much with nail clippers as close as i can to the bracelet itself. some people like to add nail polish/glue to secure the end of the cut string, personally i don't. trust me, it won't unravel. another way is to switch strings a lot, but it depends on your pattern. hopefully this helps!
hellohedgi
Professional
hellohedgi
8 months, 1 week ago by hellohedgi
Thank you @yuemi_62! ❤️
marie_k
Professional
marie_k
8 months, 1 week ago by marie_k
a nail clipper is such a good idea ! I personally cut and use white glue, but i think it's more psychological than anything i don't know if it helps much... I had no problem with my bracelets unraveling. The only "problem" i saw is on my brother's keychain where the "closure" (i make square knots at the end of my keychain) was gone but idk what he did with it hahaha Otherwise as far as nail polish or glue i would not recommend on bracelets, only on other projects like keychains or wallhanging as it get stiff on the back...
hellohedgi
Professional
hellohedgi
8 months, 1 week ago by hellohedgi
@marie_k Thank you so much! 🙂