How do I add string to normal patterns?
MoraBerry
Professional
MoraBerry
4ย years, 2ย months ago by MoraBerry
Hi! Iโ€™ve been doing alphas for a while so Iโ€™m struggling with normal patterns a little bit. As we all know, when you run out of one of your strings in an alpha you just add a new one of the same color with two forward or backward knots, depending on the row.
How do I do this with normal bracelets? Should I just do the same thing? Or should I apply a special technique?
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4ย years, 2ย months ago by Someone_
I'd substitute them in like you would in an Alpha bracelet. Once you get to the point of using the string that is too short, pull them to the back and introduce the new string. Once you are finished the bracelet you could go back and cut it off. That works best in the middle of the bracelet, if you were doing that on the edges it would make it visible.

Another way of doing it would be using a blunt ended needle and go through the front of the bracelet and to the back, so the new string is anchored in - you'll have a short tail so you can hide that by doing a small knot at the back of the bracelet to knot the new string in or simply by cutting it off. Once the new string has been knotted in you can then cut it around the back at the end. (I hope that makes some sense ๐Ÿ˜‚)

Some people when their strings get too short like to change the length they originally intended the bracelet to be and turn it into a key-chain, so that's another option too. ๐Ÿ™‚