How to make neat holes for securing pin fasteners in normal pattern
dmolliae
Advanced
dmolliae
8ย months, 2ย weeks ago by dmolliae
Hi,

I want to make a new watch band for my Garmin fitness watch as the silicone irritates my skin. I have seen a few resources but I haven't seen many secure fastening mechanisms other than buttons etc. I want to reuse the hardware from the silicone band as it's secure and easy to adjust. I wear my watch for 20km runs and swimming and it needs to be secure for various functions to work such as heart rate monitor.

I've been playing around but I'm struggling to make neat horizontal slits for the fastening pin without messing up the band. Does anyone know a good way to achieve this? I've tried knotting outwards around multiple threads but it ends up messy and out of shape. I'd like to avoid expensive metal butterfly fasteners if possible I just need decent holes along the band.

Would appreciate any ideas or input anyone has ๐Ÿ™‚
dmolliae
Advanced
dmolliae
8ย months, 2ย weeks ago by dmolliae
I'm wondering if it's going to work at all with a normal pattern. I've seen videos on making bookmarks doing it like an alpha pattern and using the backing threads to border a hole. This is a new technique for me and would probably work but I would prefer to be able to make nice patterned normals for the band(s).