What do you use to secure your bracelets while making them?
asterism
Professional
asterism
7 months, 4 weeks ago by asterism
I'm curious as to what sorts of different things people use. Personally, i have a rather heavy glass paperweight shaped like a pumpkin, so i just hook the starting loop around the stem. It works really well.
Lava_Lav
Skiller
Lava_Lav
7 months, 4 weeks ago by Lava_Lav
Nothing. Every day my three years old cousin comes and sends the threads to space, loll. But when I wanna move it somewhere else I put it in a plastic bag with the clipboard (last time I had to take my aunt's clipboard home because of that 😂)
fishyknots
Bracelet King
fishyknots
7 months, 4 weeks ago by fishyknots
I only use a clipboard!
emilyyy307
Bracelet King
emilyyy307
7 months, 4 weeks ago by emilyyy307
I use a clipboard or tape. Right now I’m looking for a new clipboard except all of them have the weird clip to doesn’t work for bracelets
starevans
Skiller
starevans
7 months, 3 weeks ago by starevans
I’ve used many things, tried so many things from tying it to a water bottle and tape but it always slips off for me. By far, the best method for me is using a binder clip on a clipboard
LauraLou64
Bracelet King
LauraLou64
7 months, 3 weeks ago by LauraLou64
@asterism I currently use a paper binder clip to hold the bracelet to my tablet stand. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MFVJ2R1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
I tried a plain clipboard, but I like the tablet stand because I can adjust the height. But now I don't have a stand for my tablet 😄
Old style clipboard found @emilyyy307 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000KIACO6?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
I've also tried tape onto my desk, but I don't like tape on the bracelet, it seems to pull too much when removing. I don't like to have to look down too long so this didn't work for me either. I'd like to see what others use as well, good topic! ❤️
mishka0129
Bracelet King
mishka0129
7 months, 3 weeks ago by mishka0129
I use a binder clip on a clipboard, but I'm curious to see what others use!
AisCDC3
Skiller
AisCDC3
7 months, 2 weeks ago by AisCDC3
Working on a bracelet while sitting at a table I use a spring clamp. When sitting on the couch or on my bed I tape the bracelet to a water bottle and clamp the bottle between my legs.
paulasophi
Bracelet King
paulasophi
7 months, 2 weeks ago by paulasophi
just a REALLY good tape haha
dmolliae
Advanced
dmolliae
7 months, 2 weeks ago by dmolliae
I also use a clipboard. I started off using tape but I just didn't find it secure or portable enough. I rent a room and don't have much space so I pretty much do everything on my bed which is TERRIBLE for my back but it is what it is haha. What I like about the clipboard is I can just keep it organised and put it away between sessions.

The only issue with clipboard is on mine at least the clip is quite sharp and can dig into my knots. I have found that using a metal ruler under the clip works really well but could also use cloth tape to soften the edge of the clip.

There is a cool project in the tutorials section for attaching a clipboard to a piece of MDF and using high density foam with slits in it for keeping threads organised while knotting. I'll have to give that a go I think.
Hylia224
Bracelet King
Hylia224
7 months, 2 weeks ago by Hylia224
I use a binder clip on a piece of strong, thick plastic that my dad and I cut slits in at the bottom for my strings. It only holds 14 strings though so when I do more than that I have to just leave all the strings loose if it's like a 20-string alpha or just throw the strings over the side is it's a normal over 14 (the biggest normal I've done was an 16-string though)
Missfairy
Advanced
Missfairy
7 months, 2 weeks ago by Missfairy
I use a mini chest full of things that weigh, and when I close it, it catches the bracelet anf it's perfect!! I highly recomend that type of boxes or chests to secure the bracelet
Coffee56
Skiller
Coffee56
7 months, 1 week ago by Coffee56
I use a few different things. I will usually tape new bracelets that I’m making the loop for on my counter since that’s a delicate process. Then I’ll thread a small piece of string I have taped to the top of my string case through the loop and tape down the ends of said string. That way it’s travel friendly but I can stabilize it between my thighs since my case is small. I also have a clipboard that I have a chip clip and a large folding paper clip thingy on since the actual clip on the board doesn’t work for bracelets.
mrs_jordan
Bracelet King
mrs_jordan
7 months, 1 week ago by mrs_jordan
i use duct tape and secure it to my desk
bamboozled
Bracelet King
bamboozled
7 months, 1 week ago by bamboozled
I just use a binder clip clipped onto a book or magazine.
maisie_XD
Skiller
maisie_XD
6 months, 2 weeks ago by maisie_XD
i use masking tape to tape it to my leg so i can sit and do them while watching tv. it works pretty well most of the time
feiwafeiwa
Bracelet King
feiwafeiwa
6 months, 1 week ago by feiwafeiwa
I use a binder clip and a piece of super thick cardboard. It's been working well for a year!
Im_Shark1
Advanced
Im_Shark1
6 months, 1 week ago by Im_Shark1
@asterism
Im_Shark1
Advanced
Im_Shark1
6 months, 1 week ago by Im_Shark1
I find it helpful to the it onto my shoe lace or water bottle but I also like to use a binder clip
Kayla517
Professional
Kayla517
6 months, 1 week ago by Kayla517
I normally scotch tape the bracelet onto a old binder with papers inside and then have it on my lap as I make the bracelet, if the bracelet tries to slide I’ll add extra tape on the back side of the cover. It’s basically a clipboard.