HELP I CANNOT MAKE A BRACELET WITHOUT A STRING SNAPPING! What brand of string should I use?
Hazieb123
Professional
Hazieb123
4 years, 3 months ago by Hazieb123
Hi guys!Does anyone know a good brand of string to use?I cannot make a bracelet without a string snapping !It's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo aggravating . 😤PLEASE HELP ME!Thankyou!
Kckc123
Professional
Kckc123
4 years, 3 months ago by Kckc123
I use a ton of Prism string and it never fails me 😉
Hazieb123
Professional
Hazieb123
Thankyou so much! 🙂And also do you think I am too dramatic?
Kckc123
Professional
Kckc123
4 years, 3 months ago by Kckc123
Maybe just a bit 😂
Hazieb123
Professional
Hazieb123
LOL! 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
You might also try pulling not as hard on your strings. What strings are you currently using?

I personally use any string I can get and didn't have any issues so far.
Hazieb123
Professional
Hazieb123
I just went to the store and picked up a random pack of strings that are meant for like a party
brr
Professional
brr
4 years, 3 months ago by brr
DMC is really good but expensive so I get that sparingly, I bought three packs of 50 strings from amazon and they are good (lepaon string). Generally any string you use should be pretty good but if you tighten too tightly the string will snap.
Hazieb123
Professional
Hazieb123
thanks
CHMGURL
Professional
CHMGURL
4 years, 3 months ago by CHMGURL
It could also mean that you're pulling wayyy too tight...my friend used to do that when I tried to teach him how to make bracelets
zero_knots
Professional
zero_knots
4 years, 3 months ago by zero_knots
i usually use packets of loops and threads since they work really well for me
master_23
Bracelet King
master_23
4 years, 3 months ago by master_23
If you strings are snapping it is probably the type of brand you are using. I have had trouble with string snapping from the dollar store thread and Walmart thread but when I got higher quality thread it never happened again. I highly recommend the loops and threads brand from Michaels it is fairly cheap yet strong and comes in a variety of colours. I would also practice loss
master_23
Bracelet King
master_23
4 years, 3 months ago by master_23
Loosening your knot tension
Hazieb123
Professional
Hazieb123
Master_23 what is loss?
Disney12
Bracelet King
Disney12
4 years, 3 months ago by Disney12
I always use DMC thread. I've never had a problem. 🙂
mollyygm
Advanced
mollyygm
4 years, 3 months ago by mollyygm
i always had this problem! try pulling less on your strings and make your knots looser
cutieepie
Professional
cutieepie
4 years, 3 months ago by cutieepie
Also, double check that it's the 6 strand embroidery floss you're using, not that spirally cotton stuff. I had this same issue being a tight knotter
chkntaters
Bracelet King
chkntaters
4 years, 3 months ago by chkntaters
lol my string breaks alllll the time. I have a habit of tying my knots way too tight. If you ever seen that one of the little strands is starting to snap, just use glue and smooth it over. It makes the string a little crunchy but it still works and it stops the fraying. 😉
Hazieb123
Professional
Hazieb123
Thankyou !
cheer_girl
Bracelet King
cheer_girl
4 years, 3 months ago by cheer_girl
I get the little skeins of DMC at Walmart or Hobby Lobby and they have never snapped on me. 👍 😘