How do I pull a smaller pattern out of a big one?
KaNoodle
Bracelet King
KaNoodle
4 years, 3 months ago by KaNoodle
I am not a newbie, speaking I have made bracelets for the past 2 and a 1/2 years, but I have never made a smaller pattern out of a bigger pattern. An example of this is pattern #31113, I have small ideas on how to do this but I would rather not waste string by messing it up or fraying the string. Thank in advance! 😊
javret
Skiller
javret
4 years, 3 months ago by javret
I don't exactly get what you mean, but I think you only want certain princess's from that pattern.
Is that what you mean?
KaNoodle
Bracelet King
KaNoodle
@javret Yeah..lol.. I am not the best at explaining, at least you know what I mean! xP.
javret
Skiller
javret
4 years, 3 months ago by javret
One way you could possibly do it (there are others, this is how I would do it):

With this way, you would make one row of princesses instead of three.

The blue stripe is 21 strings wide and the pink and the purple are 19 wide.

Cut out 21 base strings (UNLESS, you are not making anyone from the blue row. In that case you could cut out 19)

Choose however many princesses you wish.

The ones that were in the blue row will be no issue, knot as usual. Starting with the first row they start, and ending with the last row of the stripe. (For example: For Mulan, I would go from knot 1-21 and then onto the next row, 21 to 1 etc. I wouldn't continue on to do the pink, I would go back and do the next row of the blue)

For the ones in the pink/purple row, on base strings #1, #20, and #21 (or if you prefer 1,2 and 21) knot the background color each round. You need to make up for the lack of 3 base strings. You should be able to line up the princesses with each other by just adding the extras, if need be. You could alter them to line up easier but this will look close enough!

I would add two rows in-between each princess that you make. But you could add more or only do one!

Does that make sense?
KaNoodle
Bracelet King
KaNoodle
@javret Omg! Thanks! That helped a bunch! ❤️