Huge difference in string length when finishing bracelet
TM007
Professional
TM007
9ย months ago by TM007
So I'll cut my strings the same length in the beginning, but every time I'm near finishing the bracelet I'll have a few strings that are super short compared to the others. Is this normal?
cmmbp
Professional
cmmbp
9ย months ago by cmmbp
Yeah!! totally normal. It just means they had more knots tied ONTO them, and were used less to tie knots onto other strings. For example, in pattern #156537, the yellow and white strings will be longer than the rest at the end, because sometimes they're being tied onto, and other times they're tying onto other strings. But the 3 other colors will be shorter because almost all knots they're a part of they are being tied onto another string. Hope this made sense!
emilyyy307
Bracelet King
emilyyy307
9ย months ago by emilyyy307
That does happen a lot. For example a backround color gets used a lot more so the strings will most likely be different lengths
ella5321
Professional
ella5321
9ย months ago by ella5321
Sometimes it helps if you know that one string/color will be used a lot in the pattern and make that string longer then the rest. Just so at the end you donโ€™t have a few super short strains left. ๐Ÿ˜Š
artsycake
Skiller
artsycake
9ย months ago by artsycake
@TM007 That's normal, I usually try to see what color is used most in the pattern and I'll cut that string longer.