arf820
arf820
4 years, 3 months ago by arf820
hey guys! so i’m currently making pattern 25509 and i love this pattern it’s so cool! but i’m having a little bit of trouble with it. so i’m segment knotting it like a chevron so i first i knot a chevron with f’s on the left and b’s on the right. then i knot a chevron with fb’s on the left and bf’s on the right. however the third step i’m having some trouble with. basically i knot a chevron with bf’s on the left and fb’s on the right. but i’m having a lot of trouble getting the knots consistent and a lot of the time the color of the string that i’m knotting onto peeks through the knot. i don’t know what is happening and i think i’m using the same knot tension that i would with all my other knots and those turn out fine. it’s just this third step. does anyone have an idea of what’s going on and how do i fix it?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
Honestly I have no idea what's going on but I have to say it's a very beautiful pattern

You say it's not about the knot tension but maybe you could try if it's about that anyways? Make sure that especially the first half of the knot is tight enough.

What you could also try is not doing it in 3 steps but just 2. You could combine the second and third chevron row. On the left side you do the fb knot and right after that you do the bf knot of the same colour. Idk if that maybe helps.

Does it still look like that after you did the next chevron?
vennix
Bracelet King
vennix
4 years, 3 months ago by vennix
Sometimes if my knots get too loose sometimes the string that was knitted onto pops out and changes the color. To test this make a knot and then pull down with the color you knotted with. If the string pops and changes color then that’s probably what happened and you just need to make sure the knot is tight before you continue on. I especially have a problem with this when there’s fb or bf knots so I’m guessing this is what is happening.
Zanatary
Professional
Zanatary
4 years, 3 months ago by Zanatary
Thats happened to me when making a similar pattern and i found that keeping the string im knotting on, and the string before it taut and pulled down tight helped
arf820
arf820
thank you all for your advice! i’m currently working on a different bracelet for valentine’s day but when i finish that bracelet i will get back to this one and let you know if i still have any more issues!
arf820
arf820
ok i went back to 25509 and i just decided to end it where it is and make it into a bookmark. i tried it in two steps and though it did work i wasn’t used to doing it that way and i made some mistakes. so i made it into a bookmark and i think it looks pretty cute!