How to make flat alphas (read below)
IslandGurl
Professional
IslandGurl
4 years, 2 months ago by IslandGurl
Hello! So whenever i am making alphas, i use the flat alphas technique, but it never comes put fully flat for me (despite me using the same size string). Any added colours are always raised in the bracelet. Is there any way to fix that?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
I didn't manage to do the flat alpha technique successfully :/ but I saw a friend doing another technique that I think looks really nice and flat too.

Basically instead of crossing the string behind the bracelet while doing it you cross it in front of the bracelet. Once you're finished you turn the bracelet around. The backside is now the front and it looks a bit different than usual but really smooth.
IslandGurl
Professional
IslandGurl
@halokiwi thanks! i was considering doing that, but i dont know how you would change colours
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
I think you do everything like you normally would, but just change the strings in the front. Idk how else to explain it.
IslandGurl
Professional
IslandGurl
@halokiwi thanks 😊
altopride
Bracelet King
altopride
4 years, 2 months ago by altopride
Doesnt Masha Knots have a tutorial?
IslandGurl
Professional
IslandGurl
@altopride yes she does, i’ve followed it and it still comes out bumpy
el526320
Bracelet King
el526320
4 years, 2 months ago by el526320
For me, it really depends on how tight I do it. I also have to adjust it quite often to stay nice and flat. It took me a while to get it but definitely worth it.
CraftsyCat
Bracelet King
CraftsyCat
4 years, 2 months ago by CraftsyCat
Thank you, @halokiwi I have had the same problem as @IslandGurl I've seen the finishing product of what you explained and have been wondering about it.