alpha help
coolcat836
Skiller
coolcat836
11 months, 2 weeks ago by coolcat836
I im making an Alpha I am a few rows in and I have too little base strings what should I do I starting with the correct amount I swear
glupinerd
Bracelet King
glupinerd
11 months, 2 weeks ago by glupinerd
Depending on what type of string you're using its possible that you accidentally tied 2 strings together (instead of making a knot over 1 base string you've gone over 2) or that one of your base strings snapped. if its the first one you can just undo knots until you reach the point where you made the mistake. For the second one, there are tutorials on youtube on how to repair broken base strings in alphas.
if you actually miscounted at the start I recommend just starting over. Technically you could add a new base string in, but it would probably make the bracelet look weird.
MiaKatss
Professional
MiaKatss
8 months, 3 weeks ago by MiaKatss
ok so what do I do if there are 14 base strings and 1 leading string? Like how do I attach the leading string???
itsaloveha
Skiller
itsaloveha
8 months, 1 week ago by itsaloveha
OK, I need serious help !!!
I started making alphas a few weeks ago and I am using the flat alpha tech
But when I start my alphas everything goes right at the start but as i head towards the end it seems that it grows wider
I don't know how to fix this can someone help?
i_try
Professional
i_try
8 months ago by i_try
@MiaKatss, i recommend taping down the end of your leading string off to the side, then starting to knot normally. once you finish the bracelet, you can ship of the ends and it should be pretty secure. you can use this technique every time you have to add a new string. hope this helps!
i_try
Professional
i_try
8 months ago by i_try
@itsaloveha it may be because you start making your knots looser (changing your tension). if you need to, undo the knots towards the ends and try retrying them tighter. hope this helps!