Skiller
MaxKnots
4 years, 3 months ago by MaxKnots
guysi need help my bracelets are sooooooooo flimsy
Craftanati
Bracelet King
Craftanati
4 years, 3 months ago by Craftanati
Tension is SUPER important and it’s often difficult to get it right right away. Tying your knots a lot tighter will stiffen the bracelet (just be careful not to strain your hands or wrists 🙂) but you don’t always want to knot TOO tight either. Correct tension definitely comes with a lot of practice.
MaxKnots
Skiller
MaxKnots
thxxxxxxxxx
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
4 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
For the tension of the knot the placement of the first half of the knot matters the most so make sure to pull that tight before you finish the knot with the second half of the knot. With the second half of the knot you can't make it tighter or looser.
queeenB_Xx
Bracelet King
queeenB_Xx
4 years, 3 months ago by queeenB_Xx
You can also soak your bracelet in water after as the thread soaked up all the water. This makes the bracelets very slight shrink therefore making it more stiff. Then I just let it air dry and straighten it out with a low heat straightener ❤️✌🏻 hope this helps 🐝🍯
akduncan
Bracelet King
akduncan
4 years, 3 months ago by akduncan
I pull my knots kinda tight and it makes my bracelets stiffer 🙂
MaxKnots
Skiller
MaxKnots
thank you all i cant thank you enough for all your tips ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
Threadhead
Professional
Threadhead
4 years, 2 months ago by Threadhead
To make stiffer bracelets I tend to tie very tight knots and that keeps my bracelets stiff
cla18
Advanced
cla18
4 years, 1 month ago by cla18
Make your knots tighter. The first knot should be tighter, and then the second should be a little looser
Pippa
Bracelet King
Pippa
4 years, 1 month ago by Pippa
You don't need to have stiff bracelets
Sarah246
Bracelet King
Sarah246
4 years, 1 month ago by Sarah246
Most of this has been said but tie the first knot really tight and then the second knot normal to get it stiff but still looking nice 😊 hope this helps
Pawsknot
Bracelet King
Pawsknot
4 years, 1 month ago by Pawsknot
I tie my knots really tight so much so that I can hold the strings just a little bit away from the bracelet and the bracelet itself sticks straight out both halfs matter tie them tight at first your skin will go raw but so calming cream and vitamin E on it and let it heal over time it won't really happen for me it never happened because I have thicker skin there because of my other crafts like art round loom knitting and more