how do u choose colours for the base storing of a alpha i let’s feel like I’m wasting
Sanaya564
Bracelet King
Sanaya564
4 years, 4 months ago by Sanaya564
I dont know what to doooo
brr
Professional
brr
4 years, 4 months ago by brr
I do the same color as the background of the pattern that way I can do a loop to start the pattern.
altopride
Bracelet King
altopride
4 years, 3 months ago by altopride
I bought some black and white string off of Amazon for cheap and use those so I do not waste my DMC floss.
Sanaya564
Bracelet King
Sanaya564
4 years, 3 months ago by Sanaya564
Ohh ok thanks guys
cgrace270
Professional
cgrace270
4 years, 3 months ago by cgrace270
Honestly, you can use whatever string you want. If you’re afraid of wasting, you could always use leftover strands from other bracelets! I usually try to match mine to color palette of the bracelet though!
Sanaya564
Bracelet King
Sanaya564
4 years, 3 months ago by Sanaya564
Oh ok thanks!!!!!
MaxKnots
Skiller
MaxKnots
4 years, 3 months ago by MaxKnots
whenever i finish a bracelet i save to excess string and use it as base and filling strings for alphas
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 3 months ago by Someone_
I do the same as @MaxKnots - Also whenever I am in stores, and if I see cheap packs of embroidery floss that aren't really of good quality, I buy them to use as base strings. 🙂
queeenB_Xx
Bracelet King
queeenB_Xx
4 years, 3 months ago by queeenB_Xx
I do the same as @MaxKnots and @Someone_ but I also keep my string for recycled bracelets/rag rug bracelets 😊✌🏻
IslandGurl
Professional
IslandGurl
4 years, 2 months ago by IslandGurl
Hello! I know i am a bit late, but you can but a big bundle of crochet thread. It is a bit thinner then regular embroidery floss, but the knots should come out the same size and you can get much more for a cheaper price! Hope that helps
Sanaya564
Bracelet King
Sanaya564
4 years, 2 months ago by Sanaya564
@IslandGurl thank you sm!!
cla18
Advanced
cla18
4 years, 1 month ago by cla18
I either use colors like brown that I don't usually use but have because they came in a pack of extra string from the bottom of my bracelet that I cut off