Training your cat to not mess with the strings?
altopride
Bracelet King
altopride
4 years, 4 months ago by altopride
Hey guys! I have a beautiful cat named Mia Louise (that is her in my profile picture) and as cats do, she loves string! I usually tape my bracelets to my desk and she will sit under the desk and play with the strings. Has anyone trained their cat to not do this or have any tips? I cannot lock her out of the room when I am bracelet making because her litter box and food are in my room. Thanks for the help! 😍
Rebecca5
Skiller
Rebecca5
4 years, 4 months ago by Rebecca5
My cat does the same thing. I usually give him my reject strings— ones that are too short to use— to play with. I’ll get like five of them and tie them together and he’ll loose interest in my strings
TamaraD
Advanced
TamaraD
4 years, 4 months ago by TamaraD
That seems like a great tip, thanks.
I think I'll be trying that later today if my cat can't leave my strings alone again.
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 4 months ago by Margaron
Some cats are better than others. My old cat I just pulled the string away from her and did every time she came near it and she eventually learnt she wasn’t to touch it and would go for it once in a blue moon.
javret
Skiller
javret
4 years, 4 months ago by javret
I am in a very similar situation!

I try to play with my cat (Barney) as much as I can before I make bracelets. He also has a toy (I call it "string stick") that is just a bunch of string. He can't use string stick without supervision though because he will just eat it. Tiring him out helps a lot!

I try to use as short strings as possible and I loop the ends back on each other so that they don't brush the floor.
Other than that, half the time I am warding off a cat 😂
gross_piZa
Professional
gross_piZa
4 years, 4 months ago by gross_piZa
If you work at a countertop or a table- especially a high one- your cat may not even be able to reach
Angry_Birb
Bracelet King
Angry_Birb
4 years, 4 months ago by Angry_Birb
I have the same problem. My crazy cat bit off my string and my bracelet can't be ending xD
Iovely
Bracelet King
Iovely
4 years, 4 months ago by Iovely
maybe give him his own bracelet and tie it on her leg 🙂