Questions about shaped patterns
IndyHaine
Bracelet King
IndyHaine
1ย year, 1ย month ago by IndyHaine
Hi! I have watched a couple of tutorials on different shaped patterns but I still have 2 questions:

1. If a shaped pattern has "holes" in the middle, how do you know whether to work the unused strings INTO the knots (like for example in #143086 ) or whether to leave them out of the knots (like you see in patterns where people put beads on those strings, so that it looks like the bead fills in the hole, like #132920 ).

2. On some shaped patterns, it's easy to tell how they're gonna look if you make them. But on others, it's not so obvious. Is there a way to tell what something is going to be, even if there are no photos of finished pieces? For example with this pattern: #141964
BeachyEm
Bracelet King
BeachyEm
1ย year, 1ย month ago by BeachyEm
1. I think that that really epends on how you want it to look. If you want to add beads or like the look of strings out, leave the strings out, but I prefer tucking the strings in. It's your choice of how you want the final product to look.

2. Many unusual patterns, such as patterns by @ponotama or @goldflower have tutorials posted, because braceletbook cannot successfully represent how to make the bracelet. For example, #141964 has a video because its suposed to be a flower, not a heart like the pattern shows. If it doesn't have a tutorial or some extra information, maybe make a small piece and see how it turns out? other than that i dont really know.
BeachyEm
Bracelet King
BeachyEm
1ย year, 1ย month ago by BeachyEm
and for most chain patterns you would want to tuck the strings in, but for more abstract patterns maybe leave them out? Thats just what Ive discovered from shaped patterns.
IndyHaine
Bracelet King
IndyHaine
1ย year, 1ย month ago by IndyHaine
Thank you @BeachyEm !