my thread always get tangled
EdenB
Bracelet King
EdenB
1 year, 1 month ago by EdenB
my thread constantly gats tangled during the making of my bracelet why?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 1 month ago by halokiwi
For the same reason long hair gets tangled. Not sure what the physical reasons behind that are. It's pretty normal, I'd say.
EdenB
Bracelet King
EdenB
why we talking bout hair I said thread
jazzyghost
Bracelet King
jazzyghost
1 year, 1 month ago by jazzyghost
It’s long, thin, and, as halokiwi said, has a tendency to get knotty for those reasons. If it bothers you I’d recommend wrapping your thread skeins around bobbins. That keeps the threads more organized and neat, as well as reduces the likelihood for the threads to get tangled. This really works for alphas, I’m not sure how to prevent tangling of normal strings. It just kind of happens.
EdenB
Bracelet King
EdenB
@jazzy_ghost thanks
EdenB
Bracelet King
EdenB
@jazzyghost thanks
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 1 month ago by halokiwi
You asked why threads get tangled and I said for the same reason long hair gets tangled. 🙂
sodapop
Bracelet King
sodapop
1 year, 1 month ago by sodapop
@EdenB I think a lot has to do with the quality of thread. My first skeins were the cheapest at the craft store, Prism brand, and they were somewhat fuzzy with a matte texture, stuck together and tangled all the time. I thought that's just how they were supposed to be.

Later I used DMC with a glossy finish and those were much better to work with. You can get inexpensive skeins on Amazon, which sometimes comes in an assortment of matte and mercerized shiny thread. The smooth and shiny strings always seem to knot better.

The absolute best thread in my opinion is pearl cotton. It's a twisted high sheen thread that glides through knots and hardly ever tangles, but you can't separate the threads like 6-strand floss, which I actually find beneficial. Size 5 is comparable to regular embroidery floss, and you can mix and match in a bracelet. The pearl cotton a dream to work with and you'll want it in every color 😄
EdenB
Bracelet King
EdenB
@sodapop @halokiwi nvm guys! I found some of my old felt stickers and turned them into bobbins!
asterism
Professional
asterism
1 year ago by asterism
Just make sure to untangle the strings every so often, and you won't have to deal with any big knots. if you need to use really long strings for whatever reason, you can try to wrap them up into bundles or bobbins to reduce tangling.
spyderwebs
Professional
spyderwebs
1 year ago by spyderwebs
i find the best way is to try keep them separated while you’re knotting, like spread the strings out in a fan. and if they do get tangled then pull out one string at a time from one side to the other. but as someone above said, cheap dollar store threads definitely get super tangled all the time. i still buy cheap threads but only online! they’re still not good quality but they’re soft and don’t get tangled like dollar store or cheaper craft store threads 🙂 also any time you put the bracelet down wrap the strings around your hand like you would an electrical cord!