Scrap threads
knotsanna_
Professional
knotsanna_
1 year, 1 month ago by knotsanna_
Hi! Idk if this is the good forum but I have a question,
What do you guys do with scrap threads? I keep them in a box, but what do you guys make with scrap threads?
Odanak1811
Odanak1811
1 year, 1 month ago by Odanak1811
I use them to make fringe bracelets. Either I use a simple color combination for the fringes and use the base strings to add a pattern on it (like I did for the bracelets I posted on pattern #57059 and #53668 for example) or I just make a cute and original color combination with only the fringes (like I did for my photo of pattern #36730 ; this photo is not on the website yet I just published it because I realized I never did before).

To find these photos, since the patterns all have lots of photos, you can search in the "photos" tab, searching "by user : Odanak1811" and "Pattern # : 57059 or 53668 or 36730"
marie_k
Professional
marie_k
1 year, 1 month ago by marie_k
I'd say fringe bracelets or I make a lot of alphas so I try to use my scrap threads when I don't need a lot of a specific colour in an alpha 🙂
Nini563123
Bracelet King
Nini563123
1 year, 1 month ago by Nini563123
I use scrap thread for alphas when i don't need alot of that color or you can use it for some other bracelets Masha Knots on Youtube has a video "5 simple bracelets for beginners" and the rag rug bracelet in that video is made entirely out of scrap thread so you can check it out. She has a video about scrap thread and how to use it, it is called "Scrap thread overview"
Bracelet King
1 year, 1 month ago by 4741119
Some people use their scraps as base strings (if they’re long enough). My scrap bin is actually overflowing right now, and I should probably do something with them
ellleeeee
Beginner
ellleeeee
1 year ago by ellleeeee
I collect them and put all of them in a jar, there’s not really a use but it just looks cool lol
BeetleNugi
Bracelet King
BeetleNugi
1 year ago by BeetleNugi
I colour co-ordinate my scrap threads, store them in my sewing table and re-use them for smaller projects or patterns that require for example, two knots of black thread, instead of using a new ball of thread 🙂