Shaped alpha wallhanging
Beeskin
Bracelet King
Beeskin
1 year, 2 months ago by Beeskin
I have never shaped an alpha before and I was wondering if this pattern # 141014 would be easy to knot as a shaped wallhanging? Or if any of you have any tips? 🙂
onarts_
Bracelet King
onarts_
1 year, 2 months ago by onarts_
I have never personally made a shaped alpha but with that pattern I’m pretty sure it would be pretty straightforward, it would be like doing a triangle start and then a triangle end. The only difficulty i can think of is that there would be a lot of strings
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 2 months ago by halokiwi
Someone recently asked a similar question https://www.braceletbook.com/forum/3_bracelet-tying/29753_shaped-alpha-for-round-wallhangings/
and a link was put there to an instagram post showing how you could knot something like this with left out knots and loose strings
https://www.instagram.com/p/CjiZ3hVLHRw/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Beeskin
Bracelet King
Beeskin
@onarts_ @halokiwi Thanks you so much!😊👍🏻
Beeskin
Bracelet King
Beeskin
**thank
sage-wolf
Bracelet King
sage-wolf
1 year, 2 months ago by sage-wolf
that’d be really easy since it never skips more than one knot. it’s basically just very large triangle ends 👍
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
@sage-wolf but since it is so big, you would need to hide a big amount of base strings in the edge knots, which might get a little messy
sage-wolf
Bracelet King
sage-wolf
1 year, 2 months ago by sage-wolf
@halokiwi the most i’ve done is around 20 and i feel like it doesn’t get that messy. but it would take up quite a lot of string
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
Yeah, maybe messy is not the right word, uneven might describe it better because the knots around the edges would be a lot bigger @sage-wolf
Beeskin
Bracelet King
Beeskin
@halokiwi @sage-wolf Yeah after looking at a few shaped wallhangings, such as this one: #76619 that someone made shaped, I do think it would look a bit thick on the sides. I was thinking maybe using thin thread I have so maybe it would look a bit better because the knots wouldn’t be as big but idk. Also thanks for the tips