How long does it take for you to make a bracelet?
pariyaAf
Professional
pariyaAf
1 year, 3 months ago by pariyaAf
Hey guys, i just wanted to know how long does it take for you to make a bracelet. And if you're a fast knotter, do you have any tips for knotting fast?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 3 months ago by halokiwi
It depends how many strings the pattern has. The more strings, the longer it takes.

Normal patterns at least for me take less time than alphas. Normals that are easier to segment knot are faster than 1212 patterns. Alphas with less colour switches are faster than alphas with more colour switches.
Athenaaa
Professional
Athenaaa
1 year, 3 months ago by Athenaaa
It also depends on the pattern itself too- the more complex or intricate the pattern it is the longer it takes (I’m still new at reading patterns so it can be hard for me lol)
I think the shortest I’ve ever taken to make a normal length bracelet was an hour, and it had ten strings I think? Maybe 8? And the longest is many hours - I don’t know how long for sure because I work on them periodically over multiple days.
If you want a short project start with something like a chevron (or a variation of that) or a small heart pattern
Good luck!
squirrel_
Bracelet King
squirrel_
1 year, 2 months ago by squirrel_
It will always depend on the experience you have in making bracelets, for me, a bracelet with a normal pattern of 8 cords, would take around half an hour
bennobee
Bracelet King
bennobee
1 year, 2 months ago by bennobee
I agree with the other commenters. The time it takes to make a bracelet can depend on...

-Number of strings (less strings = less time)
-The actual pattern (complexity... Is any part of it a chain? Like #44752 or #128493... Those typically take less time because you're adding more length to the bracelet with less knots)
-Type of pattern (normal vs alpha)
-Experience/ability
-Technique (segment vs row by row)
-Preferred bracelet length

It can also depend on how familiar you are with the pattern. If you have the pattern memorized, you'll be spending less time looking back and forth between the pattern and the bracelet.
ellleeeee
Beginner
ellleeeee
1 year, 1 month ago by ellleeeee
It depends on the pattern but i’m pretty slow so usually one to two days
jXyla
Skiller
jXyla
1 year ago by jXyla
Omgg making bracelets takes motivation because I physically can not stay in one position working on a bracelet for hours. The most I’ve worked on a bracelet in A DAY is 6 hours, and that was because I had YouTube and Netflix on.