ALPHA HELP!!!!!!
jollyman
Skiller
jollyman
4 years, 5 months ago by jollyman
Hi so I am trying to make pattern #20870 for my dad. On the top of the banner, the red is in one straight line and when trying to do it, I discovered that it creates this weird bumpy back and forth (like what forms if you don’t do a straight edge technique on an alpha). Does anyone know any ways to stop this? Or would I have to take out and reinsert the string every time? PLEASE ANSWER! I need to make this by Christmas!!!
jollyman
Skiller
jollyman
^^^ it’s like when a party of it is raised above the rest
slytherin
Bracelet King
slytherin
4 years, 5 months ago by slytherin
hey so I learned alpha patterns in a different way than im guessing most of you did. I learned alphas to have any color for the background and use the background color like youre using all the other colors and just keep switching the colors. It might take some practice but there are good videos on youtube. I remember learning this type of alpha weaving because of a certain video: it was teaching how to make a Fault In Our Stars pattern, and I think the youtuber's name was kat??? it worked for me and I continue to make bracelets using that method so I highly recommend that
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 5 months ago by Margaron
This will happen with a number of patterns when a straight line of colour appears within it if you’re not pushing your strings back and locking them in properly. Whenever you change colours you should ALWAYS bring your new colour in underneath whatever colour you’re pushing back. This helps prevent the holes that arise around blocks of colour because you’re kind of twisting the strings together along the back. A little difficult to explain in text but if you watch my multi-colour alpha video or my shark bracelet tutorial I show how to do the colour changes so you don’t get the holes. If that doesn’t help you can message me on Instagram with a picture of what’s happening and I’d be happy to help you figure it out! ✌🏻
jollyman
Skiller
jollyman
@Margaron ok thx! I’ll start by watching that video 😊