Bracelet flexibility and maintenance
ShruthiMan
Bracelet King
ShruthiMan
4 years, 5 months ago by ShruthiMan
Do you guys find that your bracelets get softer or more flexible as you wear them? or does it depend on the thread type you use?

Also, I have a couple of bracelets with a lot of white in them, and they arent as bright anymore, are there any ways of washing them gently?
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 5 months ago by Someone_
I think its a generic thing that they get softer the more you wear them, get them wet, etc, no matter type/brand thread you use.
As for cleaning, I usually hand-wash them by using a little bit of liquid hand soap and warm water. For extra whitening you could use a little vinegar, but make sure you rinse it before letting it sit too long.
I have also heard of people putting the bracelet(s) in a cloth bag (for protection) and then placing the bag in the washing machine with clothes.
ShruthiMan
Bracelet King
ShruthiMan
4 years, 5 months ago by ShruthiMan
oohhh, fab, i much prefer my softer bracelets but as i make more of them I seem to be tying them tighter (rip graveyard of snapped threads)

and I'll try out the the washing tricks and see how it works
brr
Professional
brr
4 years, 5 months ago by brr
I’ve had the opposite effect, as I wear them more they have become more stiff and the colors have faded a lot. One way to make sure they don’t fade is to make sure it doesn’t get wet, so take it off when taking a shower or washing your hands. I’ve also found out that they stretch out the longer I wear them.
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 5 months ago by Margaron
If I’m using a higher quality string I find it softens with wear and it will fade over time but retains its brightness for a while. The lower quality string seems to remain more stiff but loses its colour faster or so I’ve noticed. The lower quality string I sometimes even notice minor pilling as well. I personally wash my everyday bracelets in a delicates bag and it seems to keep them fairly bright but it softens them tremendously.
jollyman
Skiller
jollyman
4 years, 5 months ago by jollyman
Ya that happens to me
Hazieb123
Professional
Hazieb123
4 years, 4 months ago by Hazieb123
Masha Knots has a video on youtube