What to do with alpha strings when done
altopride
Bracelet King
altopride
4 years, 5 months ago by altopride
I want to start doing multi-color alphas and am wondering what do yall do with the strings you added on the back side? Do you glue them down? Tie a knot?
PuPotato
Bracelet King
PuPotato
4 years, 5 months ago by PuPotato
@altopride I use a clipboard while making bracelets, so when I add a color I just tie it to the loop at the top of my clipboard, and then when you finish the bracelet and take it off, you can just cut both ends of the added string as short as possible, and it will stay because of all of the other knots around it holding it in place
vennix
Bracelet King
vennix
4 years, 5 months ago by vennix
Like said above you can just cut them short and they stay and if you want to make sure they don’t come apart you could add some clear nail polish to the ends or you could tie a knot before you cut your string. It’s really a personal preference on what you decide to do. I’ve done a combination of all
brr
Professional
brr
4 years, 5 months ago by brr
I just cut them, it makes the back look nicer and it's smoother
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 5 months ago by Margaron
I cut the tails of the added in strings as close to the bracelet as possible and leave it. I’ve never had a bracelet fall apart on me so I don’t add any glue or anything unless the knot looks really questionable or loose to begin with
Ballerina7
Bracelet King
Ballerina7
4 years, 5 months ago by Ballerina7
If you add nail polish or glue sometimes it will make it hard on the back and scratch your wrist. I usually just leave the strings after cutting them short :]
Dogabc6
Professional
Dogabc6
4 years, 5 months ago by Dogabc6
I always tie knots with the strings and cut as close as I can to those knots. I don't like nail polish or glue because it's scratchy, but you can't feel the knots so I use those.
unicorns14
Bracelet King
unicorns14
4 years, 4 months ago by unicorns14
I trim them and they don’t untie
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
4 years, 4 months ago by Someone_
I just cut them close to the bracelet. Never had any issues that way, or any need to use glue or nail polish 🙂