Why are my backward "4" knots so messy??
Savannah13
Advanced
Savannah13
1 year, 8 months ago by Savannah13
My forward knots are perfectly aligned and straight, but my backward knots are chunky, messy, and out of place. Why?? Someone please help me!
Savannah13
Advanced
Savannah13
1 year, 8 months ago by Savannah13
I set my bracelet as my profile picture just so people can see. The first row of forwards are nice and neat, but the second of backwards are messy
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
1 year, 8 months ago by halokiwi
I'd say probably a lack of practice and/or you are not doing it correctly.
- I recommend making a bracelet with lots of b knots to practice, for example a candystripe with only b knots
- make sure you are doing the knot correctly. You have to lay your leading string over the base string like a backwards 4 and pull the string through the opening of the 4 from behind. You need to do this twice.
happyrobin
Bracelet King
happyrobin
1 year, 8 months ago by happyrobin
I recommend tying the first half of your knot tighter 😊
AisCDC3
Skiller
AisCDC3
1 year, 7 months ago by AisCDC3
Probably because you're more used to making forward knots. Maybe practice some more backward knots?
knotsanna_
Professional
knotsanna_
1 year, 6 months ago by knotsanna_
you can cut 2 strings and try there to practice with the backward knots!
Allie2024
Skiller
Allie2024
1 year, 3 months ago by Allie2024
I always think of the forward knots as a four, and the backwards knots as a 9. I find myself saying out loud, “4, 9”.
sage-wolf
Bracelet King
sage-wolf
1 year, 3 months ago by sage-wolf
i agree with what @happyrobin said! that definitely helps.
ellleeeee
Beginner
ellleeeee
1 year, 1 month ago by ellleeeee
You might not be tying them tight enough
BeetleNugi
Bracelet King
BeetleNugi
1 year, 1 month ago by BeetleNugi
All it takes is practice. You look way more comfortable doing f knots than b knots. It will fix itself over time, a way to "hide" this minor flaw slightly I'd by using a ruler to push the knots up. It not only makes the knots appear smaller depending on how much pressure you apply, but it also helps straighten out each row, leaving you with a neater creation 🙂
ondinaevan
Bracelet King
ondinaevan
1 year, 1 month ago by ondinaevan
By the looks of the bracelet you may not be tying the first half of the knot tight enough 🙂 the first knot sets the knot in place, and the second one secures it, so if the first knot is loose, the rest of the knot will be as well. it just takes practice!