Working with DMC Etoile floss thread
Wishknots
Bracelet King
Wishknots
2 years ago by Wishknots
I bought some of the DMC Etoile floss since it's sparkle and I have easy access to it. However, working with it for the first time, I've discovered it's not as easy to work with. It's not like regular embroidery floss and tangles easily. It also seems thinner. I've thought about perhaps doubling up on the thread or using it along with some regular thread but I'm worried if will make the bracelet too thick? . Should I give it a try? I'm currently using it for a normal shaped bracelet. Does anyone have any advice for working this type of thread? I do want to buy the Alize sparkle yarn at some point, but for now I thought I'd give this a try.
avcadotoes
Professional
avcadotoes
2 years ago by avcadotoes
I don’t have any experience but I think you should experiment with some threads you don’t care much about and then use it in your normal.
mrs_jordan
Bracelet King
mrs_jordan
2 years ago by mrs_jordan
I believe MashaKnots did a review on this thread!
bluesky716
Bracelet King
bluesky716
1 year, 3 months ago by bluesky716
I like that kind of thread it looks really cool but I recommend tying a small knot on to the thread before you start working on it it makes it easier to work with it and it won’t be so split apart and fluffy I guess I love the colors and how easy you can see the sparkles on certain colors
zarahlmao
Bracelet King
zarahlmao
1 year, 3 months ago by zarahlmao
this is some of my favorite floss to use! i’ve never had a problem with it making thinner knots though, but i would not double it. it’s pretty thick and fluffy already so doubling it would be too thick. also i second the tying a knot at the end of the string to keep it from fraying, and maybe making the strings a little shorter would help with tangling. hope it helped! this string is so pretty and i love all the colors 🙂
bluesky716
Bracelet King
bluesky716
1 year ago by bluesky716
I work with often and I love it I would recommend tying a knot at the end of each string so it doesn’t fray as much and is also easier to find each string when wiring with so many of the same color