yarn brands for tying?
Margaron
Margaron
4 years, 8 months ago by Margaron
I’ve seen a few people using yarn to knot and was thinking about experimenting with it myself. I know of Alize but was wondering if anyone who knots with yarn has brands that might be good to try?
ashalyn
Bracelet King
ashalyn
4 years, 8 months ago by ashalyn
I like to use aunt Lydia’s crochet yarn! I mix it with embroidery floss and it turns out well. Sadly I don’t remember the name correctly but there’s yarn at Michaels that had the name Grace in it and the yarn is thin enough to look like embroidery floss. It also doesn’t have noticeable fuzz. If I find the name is respond back
ashalyn
Bracelet King
ashalyn
It’s called Patons Grace
Margaron
Margaron
I’ve definitely seen that around before. I’ve just never looked at it for tying! I’ll look for it - fingers crossed we have it in town!
ashalyn
Bracelet King
ashalyn
Goodluck! It’s available at your local michales😊
Margaron
Margaron
I don’t have a local Michael’s- the closest is almost 5hrs away 😖
ashalyn
Bracelet King
ashalyn
Oh no!!! I’m sorry I had no clue! Maybe Joann’s? They sell on amazon too!!
Margaron
Margaron
@ashalyn no worries we don’t have much local here, we’re pretty far north 😂 gonna have to check out Walmart or the local small town craft store or order online 🤷🏻‍♀️
ashalyn
Bracelet King
ashalyn
Okay I hope all goes well, good luck😄💓
Homiegee97
Advanced
Homiegee97
4 years, 8 months ago by Homiegee97
Hey!
I'm newer to yarn knotting, but I just find really thin yarn and use them to make bracelets with other yarn. I suggest doing that for really cute, and thick keychains personally! I love them, and the yarn will last for forever.
hpuff
Bracelet King
hpuff
4 years, 6 months ago by hpuff
I like to use any type but I mostly use Red Heart yarn.