Backward Knot Problem!
WovenKitty
Bracelet King
WovenKitty
11 years, 2 months ago by WovenKitty
I have a problem that is really starting to bug me. It's not so obvious on normals, but it practically ruins my alphas. I''ve been noticing that my backward knots look different from some of the other users' backward knots. While their look like forward knots that are rotated, mine are about twice as high as a forward knot. They look like little straight lines, not like knots. This warps my alpha patterns noticeably by making the rows of backward knots taller than the rows of forward knots. Can someone please tell me how to stop this from happening?
Tikal
Bracelet King
Tikal
11 years, 2 months ago by Tikal
So, there's like a line going diagonally of backward knots on your other string? ...at least, that's what happens to me. Lol 😛
WovenKitty
Bracelet King
WovenKitty
I don't really know how to explain it, but on alphas the rows of backward knot are taller and take up more bracelet length than the rows of forward knots.
it looks like this, except with knots.
||||||||||
||||||||||
The forward knots look like knots, but the backward knots look like lines.
Mutzzz
Bracelet King
Mutzzz
11 years, 2 months ago by Mutzzz
That's weird.
akuncaitis
Advanced
akuncaitis
11 years, 2 months ago by akuncaitis
I think I am having a problem similar to this as well. I am working on pattern 1490, and when I get to the second solid white row in the set of 2 white rows in between the rows with black, I cannot get my working white string back to the left side becuase the black knots are forming a vertical line down the white string instead of forming a row and moving to the other side of the white string. help?
WovenKitty
Bracelet King
WovenKitty
I solved my problem!!! It turns out that I was doing my backward knots wrong!!! My friend (FMAStarKid on BraceletBook) showed me the right way. You can check out the knots tutorial if you think you're having a backward knot problem.