How much string do i need?
Kashvi
Bracelet King
Kashvi
3ย years ago by Kashvi
I want to make the pattern #85293 but i have only 2 skeins of orange thread and I am scared it won't be enough... anyone who has made wall hangings, please give a rough idea how much I'll need

Thankyou!!
Night_Owl
Bracelet King
Night_Owl
3ย years ago by Night_Owl
I've never really made a large wall hanging like that before but mabye what you could try doing is taking a certain amount of string (say 1 meter mabye) and then just start knotting an alpha using only that meter of string as your leading string. Once you have run out of that amount of string you could work out the number of knots you managed to make. This way you can figure out how much string you will need by working out the number of orange knots in that pattern and dividing that by the amount of knots you can make per meter of string. The number you have will roughly be the amount of meters of string that you will need (2 skiens is about 16 meters). Also keep in mind that you will probably need a bit extra than what you calculated as strings will sometimes need to travel across the back of the alpha.

Just so you know this is probably a very inefficient way of knowing how much string you need. Someone else could probably give you an actual amout of string but like I said I have never really made large wallhangings before so I'm not really sure. However I thought I would still let you know of this becuase if you write down the amount of knots you can make per meter, you can use it for future reference when working amounts of string you need in any other alphas. I hope this helped (althought its fine if it didnt) ๐Ÿ˜Š.
Kashvi
Bracelet King
Kashvi
3ย years ago by Kashvi
@Night_Owl thankyou for your advice
Maybe i will try that method cz atleast its better than just guessing ๐Ÿ˜‡
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
3ย years ago by PugCakePop
Actually I think two skeins is enough
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
How long is one of your orange skins?
PugCakePop
Bracelet King
PugCakePop
Skeins*
Mimi2022
Bracelet King
Mimi2022
3ย years ago by Mimi2022
Hi! I make big alphas and I check yours, I think you will need one skein, one skeins and a half.
Kashvi
Bracelet King
Kashvi
3ย years ago by Kashvi
@Mimi2022 @PugCakePop thankyou!! ๐Ÿ˜‡