Ending Alpha Bracelets
Phoenix14
Bracelet King
Phoenix14
7 years, 6 months ago by Phoenix14
I'm making an alpha bracelet for the October Challenge. I've never before competed an alpha, (I have a problem with starting too many bracelets and not finishing them,) so I've never tried to braid the ends. Does anyone have any good methods for ending alphas? (Btw the pattern I'm doing has I think 24 strings. It's the one with the sailboat, anchor, and steering wheel.) 🙂
Bentoshan
Professional
Bentoshan
7 years, 6 months ago by Bentoshan
You could have 6 long strings folded over, and another 6 folded over for 24 background strings, with two loops. Once you are done working on the bracelet, split strings in half. With your first set of 12 strings tie a TIGHT knot, then with the other. Grab your 6th and 7th strings and use a 2 hole button, (I prefer a 12 mm x 11mm, heart button in a color that would be suited to the bracelet) slide the two strings through the holes and tie a knot with the two strings to enable your button closure. Cut off all unused/excess strings. Repeat with next twelve. The is my favorite method to end all of my bracelets. I find it to be very convenient for the wearer when removing and wearing the bracelet, and I think a nice, beautiful button can add a lot to the bracelet myself! After seeing and experimenting with other bracelet endings, this is my absolute favorite one! Hoped that helped!
Phoenix14
Bracelet King
Phoenix14
@Bentoshan thanks for the advice!! Only problem is I've already started the bracelet...
Bentoshan
Professional
Bentoshan
So how did you tie your background strings when you started? One big, giant knot for your background strings? Two knot for each half?
Phoenix14
Bracelet King
Phoenix14
It's just strings taped to my clipboard
Bentoshan
Professional
Bentoshan
I'd probably need a photo. Did you cut long strings and start knotting the pattern further down, leaving excess unknotted background string beforehand? Or did you cut it short?
Phoenix14
Bracelet King
Phoenix14
I cut it long and started knitting the pattern further down
Phoenix14
Bracelet King
Phoenix14
*Knotting
Bentoshan
Professional
Bentoshan
I suggest splitting your strings in half at the top, (12 on one side, and the other) then in half again, (6/6) then tying a tight square knot. Keep in mind that this will create your loop, and you don't want to tie your knot too far from your bracelet. Use your excess strings to create a wrapped loop, then cut off the excess and use fabric glue to hold down the tail. Repeat with other 12 strings. Sorry for late reply!
cla18
Advanced
cla18
4 years, 1 month ago by cla18
I would do triangle ends
kittycat25
Skiller
kittycat25
4 years, 1 month ago by kittycat25
i would just do triangle ends and make a tie