Ending a normal pattern.
Godluvsu
Bracelet King
Godluvsu
3 years, 2 months ago by Godluvsu
I am at the end of #544 and I am not sure how to end it. I wanted to do the triangle end but the pattern doesn't have a chevron, would it look bad if it just made the end a chevron and added it in? 😂

anyway please share your ideas on how you end normal pattern keychains because i am not sure how to. ❤️ ❤️
Godluvsu
Bracelet King
Godluvsu
#554 is what i meant.
Chamelon
Bracelet King
Chamelon
3 years, 2 months ago by Chamelon
I think triangle ends would work, you can't really see where to end it from the pattern but you can just make one less knot per row if that makes sense.
Godluvsu
Bracelet King
Godluvsu
@Chamelon okay thank you, so each row you just leave out the next corresponding string and put it to the side?
Chamelon
Bracelet King
Chamelon
@Godluvsu Yes, I'm glad that made sense lol.
Godluvsu
Bracelet King
Godluvsu
@Chamelon , sorry for another question but after you do that then you do the other part of the triangle end or that makes the whole triangle end?

not sure if that makes sense. 😂
Chamelon
Bracelet King
Chamelon
@Godluvsu, So basically when you want to start making the triangle end you would leave one knot out of the left and the right, and then on the next row you would leave out two knots on each side and so on. And the knots should start to make a triangle shape. And then you can start making the shaped end for normal patterns, where you "collect" all the strings that are sticking out.

(Please let me know of that does't make sense, I can try to describe it better if it's confusing)
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
If you look at the preview you can see that the pattern has a square shape in the middle. You can use the edge of the square as the end of your bracelet to make the triangle end. In general a triangle end can be placed anywhere in a patter but if a pattern has a natural triangle shape at some point that's usually where it looks best.