Threads ending up in wrong order
stormii
Bracelet King
stormii
3 years, 3 months ago by stormii
So I've been making bracelets from video tutorials for a few months, and decided to do one based on an actual pattern. I like doing the segment knotting method, but I didn't know how to turn a row by row pattern into a segment knotting pattern, so I just decided to go row by row. I tried two patterns, and in both of them the threads would get in the wrong order even when I did all the right knots. I watch videos while I make my bracelets so I'm not sure if that was from me being distracted and accidentally missing a row or something else. Does anyone know how to fix or stop this problem?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 3 months ago by halokiwi
Which patterns where you trying?

In some patterns (especially older patterns) the strings at the top are in a different order than at the bottom. Is this the case for your pattern? If that's the case you'll still start at the top again after the last row but you ignore the colours.

-

When segment knotting you have to consider that the strings are not necessarily in the same order as the strings of one row.

-

To get started with segment-knotting I recommend taking a screenshot, printing the pattern or drawing it on graph paper. Then you can draw the segments into the pattern. This will help not loosing orientation.
stormii
Bracelet King
stormii
3 years, 3 months ago by stormii
@halokiwi I tried it with the patterns #30781 and #26155 , and they weren't in the wrong order just at the top and bottom of the pattern, I'd be making them and then about halfway through the pattern I'd look closer at the pattern and realize they were out of order. I think this was just because I wasn't used to making them based off of patterns because I tried it with #69750 and I haven't messed the order up yet! I was paying attention more while making that one, so that could also be the reason.

Thank you for the tips on segment knotting! I'll have to try them out 😄
workmanha
Bracelet King
workmanha
3 years, 3 months ago by workmanha
If you start your bracelet with a loop it is a really nice way to start out your bracelet in the right order. I remember when I very first started bracelets I have a cute butterfly peg board type thing and you put you string in between the pegs and it would keep them from getting all mixed up. If you find yourself getting the string mixed up throughout the pattern I suggest unknotting a few knots and try to go back and see what you did wrong. Hope this Helps!!
knot_maker
Bracelet King
knot_maker
3 years, 3 months ago by knot_maker
That sometimes happens when I knot, try not to tie your knots too tight, because sometimes other string go under it and get tangled. I think maybe try checking the strings as you go on will help as well.
niamheroo
Bracelet King
niamheroo
3 years, 3 months ago by niamheroo
Hey! So sometimes I get the pattern and when I am done with a row i move scroll down so the top row is the one that im working on!
thread3
Skiller
thread3
3 years, 3 months ago by thread3
Sometimes that happens but it could be wrong knots too. If the bracelet still looks good than it doesn’t really matter to me when I make bracelets