still getting bumpy alphas even though using the straight alphas technique!
natalie_m1
Professional
natalie_m1
3 years, 4 months ago by natalie_m1
Hi,
No matter how hard I try, my alphas are always bumpy! I don't know if it depends on how many color switches there are, or its just my alpha making skills. Either way, I need help!!!
gyufytvhrd
Bracelet King
gyufytvhrd
3 years, 4 months ago by gyufytvhrd
for me I used to lay the string over top of the other and then make my knot. But this turned out bumpy. so instead when I put the previous color through tuck it under the other strings and then make my knots. I used to have the same problem but this defititely helps. Hope it works for you! ❤️ 🔥 ❤️
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 4 months ago by 2006_Mandy
If you are using different thread sizes that is possibly why your alphas are bumpy. Stick to using the same thickness of thread for your leading strings
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 4 months ago by 2006_Mandy
@gyufytvhrd that’s pretty much the flat alpha technique
gyufytvhrd
Bracelet King
gyufytvhrd
3 years, 4 months ago by gyufytvhrd
@2006_Mandy oh ok sorry 😊
marab
Bracelet King
marab
3 years, 4 months ago by marab
i think you need to practice a lot and that way it will turn out! people are different, and if for me, for example, it turned out good the second time, maybe for you it will be the 3rd or the 4th! so keep trying <3
Moosey
Bracelet King
Moosey
3 years, 3 months ago by Moosey
I had the same problem when I first started making alphas. I was using the flat alpha technique but my alpha was still bumpy!! What I learned is the following: when I switch colors, I pull the string in the back of the bracelet WAY too tight. if the string in the back is super tight it'll cause a bubble or bump in the front. So my alphas were bumpy because the color switching strings in the back being too tight were my problem.
The way I fix this is when I switch colors, I make the first half of the knot with the new color pretty loose, definitely making sure there's plenty of slack in the back of the bracelet. Then I move the other color string over it and finish the knot with my normal tension. It doesn't usually make each row a different thickness, but there is a possibility that it will, so make sure that after every few rows your alpha is still straight.
I hope this helps and I hope you figure out how to fix your problem!! ❤️
its_jenny
Bracelet King
its_jenny
3 years, 2 months ago by its_jenny
@Moosey I may have to follow that advice, I'm having similar problems. Thanks!