“Perfect Loops”
SC00PSAH0Y
Bracelet King
SC00PSAH0Y
3 years, 6 months ago by SC00PSAH0Y
For teardrop loops, is there a way to have a “perfect” sized loop? Any tips? I have been making bracelets for while but I am not sure what is happening, my teardrop loops are either too small of too big. Thanks and have an awesome day! ☺️
landrenee
Bracelet King
landrenee
3 years, 6 months ago by landrenee
after a while you can just eyeball it. after you make a lot of bracelets with loops, you kinda just get a feel for how long the loop needs to be in comparison to the thickness of the bracelet. just practice and be patient and you'll get it 😄
Chamelon
Bracelet King
Chamelon
3 years, 6 months ago by Chamelon
In my opinion, I like to make the loop about as long as the bracelet will be wide. That way, when the loop is finished, it look a little bit like a triangle with rounded edges. If you can look at bracelets you have already made with the same amount of strings, you can tell how wide the new bracelet will be, and how long you should make the loop.
niamheroo
Bracelet King
niamheroo
3 years, 6 months ago by niamheroo
I typically do about one knot per string on smaller bracelets.
ameliapb
Bracelet King
ameliapb
3 years, 6 months ago by ameliapb
For the top part that you tie with one color, I try to do 2 knots less than on the tear drop part. For example, if you 14 string bracelet the tear drop part of the loop will be 14 knots because there are 7 strings on each side. I find that the knots on the tear drop part end up bigger than the top part of the loop, so on the top part I would do 12 knots instead (or the amount of strings - 2). I hope that makes sense. I would be happy to help if you have any questions.
ameliapb
Bracelet King
ameliapb
3 years, 6 months ago by ameliapb
Also I don’t do tear drop loops with anything bigger than a 16 string bracelet
kman
Professional
kman
3 years, 6 months ago by kman
My loops are usually 12-15 knots
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 6 months ago by stewon6969
It just is based on the size and width of the bracelet and pattern and the type of string that you are using! I just honesty eyeball it! If it is too long and big for my bracelet, then I just untie the knots until it is "perfect"! (Because my eyeballs aren't the perfect things for measuring! 😂 😂 😂)

Happy knotting and I hope that you know how to make the perfect loops know!
sadnymph
Bracelet King
sadnymph
3 years, 6 months ago by sadnymph
masha knots has a tutorial about loops! you might find that helpful