Alpha Bracelet color switch
liliana175
Advanced
liliana175
3 years, 6 months ago by liliana175
I use the flat alpha technique and sometimes when i switch the colors you can see the previous leading color peeking through. Is there any way to prevent this?
Kalyee
Bracelet King
Kalyee
3 years, 6 months ago by Kalyee
This happens to me all the time! I have found that it usually helps if you pull on color being sandwiched between the knot. That usually makes the color switch less noticeable. I have also found that different brands of string also affect this because of the different thicknesses. I think it’s all about practice and finding what works for you at the end of the day
loveandloo
Professional
loveandloo
3 years, 6 months ago by loveandloo
Yeah,that can be annoying, I find that if you make sure to pile the previous string the whole way up tightly it helps.
loveandloo
Professional
loveandloo
3 years, 6 months ago by loveandloo
When I said pile I meant pull
Deuken
Bracelet King
Deuken
3 years, 6 months ago by Deuken
@liliana175 What I do is when I'm switching colors, the string that I'm switching over I place some weight on it (my tape roll), it helps.
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 5 months ago by Margaron
For me personally I find this only to be an issue with the flat alpha technique and after much trial and error I am at the point where I don’t think I’m going to continue using it when I don’t personally see that much difference 🙊🙈 I pull my knots quite tight but tying a little looser would probably remedy y
Margaron
Margaron
3 years, 5 months ago by Margaron
**it as well as pulling the previous colour as suggested.