Needing Help with Tear Drop Loop
Deuken
Bracelet King
Deuken
3 years, 6 months ago by Deuken
Hi, I want to do #43030, when I finish the tear drop loop for the beginning of the bracelet how would I actually start doing the pattern?
OwObama
Professional
OwObama
3 years, 6 months ago by OwObama
You could do two separate triangle starts and then meet them in the middle by that one lighter blue knot. basically each triangle would begin at the B string pair at the top, and then go down to do the rest of the pattern. If you aren't on triangle starts yet, then you could legit just BEGIN the bracelet if you wanted, but it might look a little wonky.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 6 months ago by halokiwi
All shaped start are basically working the same way:
- First you decide on where in the pattern you want to make the shaped start. You can take a screenshot of the pattern or print it and then draw the shape into it. For the teardrop loop it is a "v" shape. It's more like two half triangles as opposed to two full triangle ends.
- Divide your strings in two halves. Look at the order in which the strings cross your drawn in lines. You bring the strings in the right order by first knotting with the first string that crosses the drawn in line onto all other strings of that half, then the second and so on. You make b knots on the left and f knots on the right. This way you make the inner edge of your loop. To close it up you make a knot between the last two strings.
- Now you can continue knotting like you usually would based on your pattern. If segment knotting is confusing to you, you can also know row by row. First you make the knots inside the half triangles.

I can recommend watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPcpD-i2D0U

If you want you can read my tutorial on triangle ends. It's a different shaped start but it all works the same really 😄 https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/98_how-to-make-triangle-ends/
Deuken
Bracelet King
Deuken
@halokiwi ok what about the white outside strings?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
The white strings right at the edge are the first strings you knot with 😄
Deuken
Bracelet King
Deuken
@halokiwi So, if the white string doesn't have a knot with it do I just leave it alone?
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
When bringing the strings in the correct order they are the first strings you need to make knots with in order for them to be at the edge. After that you are right. Since they are the edge strings for the straight edge technique you will only make knots onto them, not with them.
Deuken
Bracelet King
Deuken
@halokiwi Thank you very much, I watch Masha's video and her video on making the fishbone chevon and it helped alot.