uneven number of base strings
Sun_String
Bracelet King
Sun_String
3 years, 6 months ago by Sun_String
how would I tie the 19th string onto my keychain cause usually I cut double the length and fold it half so I can tie it around the keychain, but idk how to do that with one string...
Kalyee
Bracelet King
Kalyee
3 years, 6 months ago by Kalyee
You could try tying it regularly somewhere in the middle. After you finish your pattern you can glue down the extra bit on the back. Or if your pattern allows it, you can add an extra string to the side to make it even
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 6 months ago by halokiwi
I usually use the end of the leading string as the last base string. So first I tie all the base strings except the last one to the keyring using lark's heads knots. Then I tie the leading string to the keyring also using a lark's head knot and making sure that the shorter end is as long as the other base strings.
Sun_String
Bracelet King
Sun_String
@halokiwi ohhh ok thanks! I just tried that and it world great 😄
Sun_String
Bracelet King
Sun_String
oops I meant worked lol
dani6ll9
Bracelet King
dani6ll9
3 years, 5 months ago by dani6ll9
I was just about to ask the same question. Thanks for the good idea 😊
Darbe
Professional
Darbe
3 years, 5 months ago by Darbe
In the case of making a keychain with uneven strings, you can one string to make the total number of strings even, and one of the knots either in the start of a row or the end of a row you can include two base strings for one knot, which helps in keeping the dimensions the same as the pattern 😄.
I'm just nervous to do anything else lol.