alpha backside?
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
3 years, 6 months ago by Shelly2121
okayyyyy so ive seen quite a few pictures of people who made an alpha pattern, but the best side is the side without the knots, like @malenkiki

how do yall do that?????
srhamy28
Bracelet King
srhamy28
3 years, 6 months ago by srhamy28
Megan Morris on youtube has a video on it. just look up upside down alpha technique and it should come up. basically, there is just a different way of making the knots so that they look like that. so you just make the bracelet as normal with this new way of knotting. the only thing is you can't use the flat alpha technique, you have to use the old technique where you don't thread the leading strings through the knots when doing color switches. hope this helps
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
@srhamy28 thanks a lot!
malenkiki
Skiller
malenkiki
3 years, 6 months ago by malenkiki
@Shelly2121 I do use the flat technique. It's the same thing I use the forward knots "4" and backward knots "P" the only thing is that the base string goes over, instead of under. If you need I can record a video of how I knot,
Shelly2121
Bracelet King
Shelly2121
@malenkiki no, its quite alright! I think i undertsand what you mean. Thanks for the help!
malenkiki
Skiller
malenkiki
3 years, 6 months ago by malenkiki
@Shelly2121 hope to see you soon rocking that technique! please tag me if you upload a pic 🙂 ❤️
hpilla1
Advanced
hpilla1
3 years, 6 months ago by hpilla1
When using the color switch technique where you switch the leading strings by putting the new leading string between the knot (like MashaKnots has shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YVFAX9sacw) has anyone ever had the issue where you see a strip of leading string on the back of the bracelet that is not knotted into the pattern? Maybe i'm doing it wrong. 🙁
hpilla1
Advanced
hpilla1
3 years, 6 months ago by hpilla1
actually never mind, now i understand that the back of the alpha is supposed to look like that. I might put some blue felt to color it once I finish my bracelet.